RAID
Brandon Colbert
2008-08-25 20:37:06 UTC
What controller is works with the new version of openfiler?

I have this controller: *RocketRAID 2224*
Patrick Donker
2008-08-25 20:38:25 UTC
If it is supported by the kernel, it is supported by OF
Jason Litka
2008-08-25 20:46:28 UTC
That's a fakeraid card. It should work as a regular SATA controller but you
will not have any RAID functionality unless you use software RAID inside
OpenFiler.

Jason Litka | Xoxide, Inc.

Manager, IT & Software Development

P: (610) 251-1672 x200

F: (610) 251-0263

Brandon Colbert
Patrick Donker
2008-08-25 20:57:01 UTC
Look into 3Ware cards; OpenFiler 2.3 should support all of their current
models. I warn you though, they can get pretty expensive if you're looking
at the > 8-port models. Consider picking up the optional BBU as well so you
can enable write-back caching.

http://www.3ware.com/